0.9.8.57 Introduces Unicode/UTF-8 issue

In my prototype I define arrays in Javascript that contain make-believe filenames. These filenames are in Brazilian Portuguese and therefore some of them contain special (international) characters such as ç, é, õ, etc.

Up until 0.9.7.x these would display correctly on my grid but now they show up as weird symbols. I tried replacing them for ç and what not but these weren’t converted as I would’ve expected.

file

Hello and thanks for your report!

Can you create a small app that exhibits this problem? Is it in preview, build mode (and if so what target), or both? I wasn’t able to reproduce the problem in a minimal app with just a Text element bound to an observable with unicode text.

Here you go:

<App Theme="NativeWithFallback">
  <StatusBarBackground Dock="Top" />
  <JavaScript>
    var Observable = require("FuseJS/Observable");

function Book(title, number) {
      this.title = title;
      this.number = number;
    }

var BookList = Observable(
      new Book("Estações através da claridão", 001), 
      new Book("Vermelhidão Etérea", 002)
    );
    module.exports = {
      BookList : BookList
    }
  </JavaScript>

<DockPanel>
    <StackPanel Orientation="Vertical">
    <Each Items="{BookList}">
      <Panel Margin="10" Padding="10" Alignment="Left" Width="100%">
        <Text Value="{title}" Alignment="Left" TextColor="#0000FF"/>
        <Text Value="{number}" Alignment="Right" TextColor="#FF0000"/>
      </Panel>
    </Each>
  </StackPanel>
  </DockPanel>
</App>

It seems it is a issue only on Windows. In OS X the sample works just fine.

Ah, is it? I’m running Windows 10 here.

We’ve been able to reproduce this and are working on a fix. It only seems to affect Windows and its DotNet backend, and is likely caused by our using PInvoke to access V8. Stay tuned!

Thanks Olle!

We have fixed this internally now. It’ll be at least a week until it is out because it has to go through testing, but you can rest assured that it will be fixed pretty soon. :slight_smile:

Thanks for your report!

Awesome :smiley: Thank you!

I use a filenames in Spanish and happend the same that nando. I use windows 7 , waiting for the fix. Thanks Olle for the fast fix :slight_smile: