What version of javascript is supported? (on all platforms)

I can’t seem to find a definitive answer on which version of js, and which features are guaranteed to be available on all platforms

I would maybe expect this to be mentioned on https://www.fusetools.com/docs/fuse/reactive/javascript

Is it safe to use ES6, or a subset of newer features from it?

Because of older iOS devices, Fuse support ES 5.1. If you are only targeting Android, you can use the most common ES 6 features, but that is not supported.

I will make sure we update the documentation regarding this, thanks for notifying us.

Ahh, cheers Anders

You can use babel ofc. if you want to use ES 6.

Ahh true. Good idea.

It might be nice if in the future fuse used babel behind the scenes to support ES6 (and used sourcemapping for proper error reporting). Then <JavaScript> could be supported, too.

If the js vm isn’t likely to change, is this something that may be considered?

I miss my classes, arrow functions, and for of's :confused:

This is something we consider, yes. But no decision has been made yet. We are thinking about other solutions as well.

The request is noted :slight_smile:

I use TypeScript for this with a target of “es5”. If you’re looking for an integration guide - you may find this useful.

luke@tridenelite.com wrote:

Ahh true. Good idea.

It might be nice if in the future fuse used babel behind the scenes to support ES6 (and used sourcemapping for proper error reporting). Then <JavaScript> could be supported, too.

If the js vm isn’t likely to change, is this something that may be considered?

I miss my classes, arrow functions, and for of’s :confused:

1 Like

Great video, Paul!