Video Internal Error

Hello community,

I want to add a youtube video to my app but webview is not what i want. I want it to be like a simple video player. When i use the Video class i get the following error : InternalError: Video error: Failed to load: Failed in Fuse.Controls.VideoImpl.VideoVisual</usr/local/share/uno/Packages/Fuse.Controls.Video/0.32.11/$.uno:947>

While i was searching the forum for an answer i found this pieace of code (reply posted by Vegard Strand Lende). I got it working as it is but when i replace the URL with a youtube Url it stops working.

Any suggestions?

Thank you in advance

The <Video> tag is for playing regular video files. If it is one specific youtube video you want to include then the easiest approach would be to grab it (using one of the many youtube download tools & services out there) and host the file on your own server. (Or include it in the app, but that will of course bloat its size).

To add actual youtube playback in the app you will have to use foreign code to integrate the dedicated Android and iOS SDKs.

Thank you for your reply. I have multiple links coming from an api so i will try your suggestion.