Exporting for Android fails

Hi, I have an app I am trying to export for Android. When I click export, this is the console output :

Configuring
  0.74 s
Target is up-to-date -- stopping build (pass --force to override)

Build completed in 0.77 seconds

Waiting for device (7..)

Waiting for device (6..)

Waiting for device (5..)

Waiting for device (4..)

Waiting for device (3..)

Waiting for device (2..)

Waiting for device (1..)

ERROR: No Android device connected. Please make sure you have developer mode enabled, and any required drivers installed. (pass --trace for stack trace)

ERROR: Android run failed. (pass --trace for stack trace)

fuse: Errors were encountered while building the project

This was not happening like two weeks ago and when I try install the generated apk in my Android device, the app is not even installed.

Urgent help is needed.

Thanks in advance.

Hi Brian,

urgent help delivered: check what the error says - ERROR: No Android device connected. Please make sure you have developer mode enabled, and any required drivers installed.

Either you’re using a different device now (which doesn’t have developer mode enabled [you can google how to enable it for the particular device]), or the device you used was updated (and doesn’t have dev mode enabled any more), or your USB cable is broken, or your computer was updated and doesn’t have the necessary drivers for the particular device, or something else along these lines.

Thanks for the urgent reply.

The thing is, I usually export without connecting any Android device then send the apk to my phone through either through direct copy-pasting from the Debug folder, or through the cloud or through Bluetooth. So now is it a must I export it with an Android device connected ?

Previously it would build the new apk and the apk would install without any issues. Now even the apk isn’t getting installed at all.

Urgent help needed again. This is the only thing remaining before the project I’m working on gets up and running. Trying to beat a deadline here. Thanks so much

Of course you can just build the APK file and get it on your device by whatever transport.

Run this command in the project root folder: “fuse build -tandroid”

and you’ll have your debug build generated.

For a signed release version, add “-cRelease” flag.

Thanks. I did so and this is the response :

Uno 1.7.1 (build 6568) Windows 10 x64 8b90833
Copyright (C) 2015-2018 Fusetools

Configuring
  0.62 s
Target is up-to-date -- stopping build (pass --force to override)

Build completed in 0.64 seconds

On sending the apk to my phone, first of all, it installs on the device.
However, the app does not look the same result as what is on the Fuse Viewport. It is a previous build of the app not including the recently added code (pages actually). Also, just by checking the Date Modified of the apk in the Debug folder, it shows yesterday’s date. Not a recent date even after the build.

Help ?

Run uno clean and then build it again.

Actually, it was my fault.

I realized on Fuse, you can reference another JS file in another folder as shown below and it would work fine on the Viewport:

<JavaScript File="Pages/HomePage.js" />

But when the app is build and apk sent to the phone, I think the phone can’t track the file in the Pages folder. That is my guess.

Thanks though.