Corrupted Memory Reports and App Crashes

Hi Fusers,

I’ve been getting constant app crashes related to memory. It has been happening for a while now … I believe since the release of 0.21 but I have been so tied up with work there has been no time for me to deal with it and report.

Here is the recent crash log:

Unhandled Exception: System.AccessViolationException: Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.
   at Fuse.Scripting.V8.Simple.v8PINVOKE.Function_Call(HandleRef jarg1, HandleRef jarg2)
   at Fuse.Scripting.V8.Simple.Function.Call(ValueVector args)
   at Fuse.Scripting.V8.Function.Call(Object[] args) in C:\ProgramData\Uno\Packages\Fuse.Scripting.V8\0.32.9\$.uno:line 660
   at Fuse.Scripting.Context.ObjectDefineProperty(Object obj, String name, Callback getProperty, Callback setProperty, Boolean enumerable, Boolean configurable) in C:\ProgramData\Uno\Packages\FuseCore\0.32.9\Scripting\$.uno:line 641
   at Fuse.Reactive.LazyObservableProperty..ctor(ThreadWorker w, Object obj, Property p) in C:\ProgramData\Uno\Packages\Fuse.Reactive\0.32.9\$.uno:line 2293
   at Fuse.Reactive.RootableScriptModule.EnsureRooted(Context context) in C:\ProgramData\Uno\Packages\Fuse.Reactive\0.32.9\$.uno:line 1844
   at Fuse.Reactive.RootableScriptModule.Evaluate(Context c, ModuleResult result) in C:\ProgramData\Uno\Packages\Fuse.Reactive\0.32.9\$.uno:line 1821
   at Fuse.Scripting.Module.Evaluate(Context c, String id) in C:\ProgramData\Uno\Packages\FuseCore\0.32.9\Scripting\$.uno:line 787
   at Fuse.Reactive.JavaScript.EvaluateModule() in C:\ProgramData\Uno\Packages\Fuse.Reactive\0.32.9\$.uno:line 1325
   at Fuse.Reactive.JavaScript.EvaluateExports() in C:\ProgramData\Uno\Packages\Fuse.Reactive\0.32.9\$.uno:line 1308
   at Fuse.Reactive.JavaScript.EvaluateDataContext.Evaluate() in C:\ProgramData\Uno\Packages\Fuse.Reactive\0.32.9\$.uno:line 1291
   at Fuse.Reactive.ThreadWorker.RunInner() in C:\ProgramData\Uno\Packages\Fuse.Reactive\0.32.9\$.uno:line 2527
   at Fuse.Reactive.ThreadWorker.Run() in C:\ProgramData\Uno\Packages\Fuse.Reactive\0.32.9\$.uno:line 2474
   at Uno.Threading.CILThread.StartClosure() in C:\ProgramData\Uno\Packages\Uno.Threading\0.32.2\Implementation\Cil\$.uno:line 70
   at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

Can you guys please take a look. Is this normal and what might be an example of causes for this crash?

If anyone else has experienced such crashes please chip in.

Thanks! :slight_smile:

Cheers,

Elizabeth

INFO:

Fuse Version = v.0.22.0 (build 6974)

OS = Windows 10

Target = Local Preview

Hi!

Thanks for reporting this. Can you please upload a test case on the url below and describe steps to reproduce the problem? Thanks!

https://www.dropbox.com/request/ZgndLtJQm5eGzG9cicGK

Got your test case, but it runs fine. Need precise steps to reproduce the error.

Hi Anders!

Thanks for the replY back.

I haven’t sent you any test case for this?! It must have been someone else.

It’s hard to build a repro for this because even in my large app … it is occurring inconsistently. After a couple of changes and local preview reloads … etc. Anyhow, I will give it a try to reproduce the error with a test case and upload it after.

Do you have any idea what this might be? The possible causes of this error?

Cheers,

Elizabeth

Nope, no idea at all. Need a test case :slight_smile: