Change how `OnBackButton` works in navigation pages

When using OnBackButton in navigation it behaves weirdly to work correctly I have to keep wrapping it inside of WhileActive when it comes to navigation pages. What happens is without the WhileActive if I set a OnBackButton inside a page, and then inside that page I have another page with OnBackButton both are triggered. (Which I believe is never the wanted behavior):

<SomeNavigation />

<Page ux:Name="page1">
  <OnBackButton ux:Name="back1" />
  <Page ux:Name="subpage1">
    <OnBackButton ux:Name="back2" />
  </Page>
</Page>
<Page></Page>

If I’m inside of subpage1 and press the back button both back2 and back1 are triggered, I don’t think that’s ever the wanted effect, so perhaps that can be fixed somehow. I can’t think of a situation where that’s wanted, but perhaps it is.

So for now I wrap each of them inside of WhileActive:

<SomeNavigation />

<Page ux:Name="page1">
  <WhileActive>
      <OnBackButton ux:Name="back1" />
  </WhileActive>
  <Page ux:Name="subpage1">
    <WhileActive>
        <OnBackButton ux:Name="back2" />
    </WhileActive>
  </Page>
</Page>
<Page></Page>

If there is a situation where the current behavior is wanted hopefully someone can show me that example, and if so please add a property to OnBackButton that can make this easier. I prefer not to mess with IsEnabled property because its just easier to then just wrap with WhileActive

Hi!

Thanks for the suggestion, but I don’t think we should change the behavior of this class, sorry.

Starting in Fuse 0.20 (available now in #pre-release-testing on our Slack community), the new Router class will handle 95% of all use cases of the back button so this pattern you are using should no longer be needed.