Building fails with Xcode 7

I recently updated to XCode 7 and now the build fails. I’m still on iOS 8 on my iPhone and Yosemite on my Mac.

This is the error log:

ld: warning: object file (/usr/local/share/uno/Packages/UnoCore/0.6.1/Targets/CPlusPlus/Prebuilt/iOS/Xli/lib/iOS/Debug-iphoneos/libXliImage.a(Format.o)) was built for newer iOS version (8.4) than being linked (7.0)
ld: '/usr/local/share/uno/Packages/UnoCore/0.6.1/Targets/CPlusPlus/Prebuilt/iOS/Xli/lib/iOS/Debug-iphoneos/libXliImage.a(Format.o)' does not contain bitcode. You must rebuild it with bitcode enabled (Xcode setting ENABLE_BITCODE), obtain an updated library from the vendor, or disable bitcode for this target. for architecture arm64
clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)

Do you know what could be happening? Do you need more information?

Thanks in advance!

As Xcode 7 was released just a few days ago, it seems the current Fuse version is not quite up to date with it.

Ok, I changed the Deployment target to 8.4 and now it gives me this error:

ld: '/usr/local/share/uno/Packages/UnoCore/0.6.1/Targets/CPlusPlus/Prebuilt/iOS/Xli/lib/iOS/Debug-iphoneos/libXliImage.a(Format.o)' does not contain bitcode. You must rebuild it with bitcode enabled (Xcode setting ENABLE_BITCODE), obtain an updated library from the vendor, or disable bitcode for this target. for architecture arm64
clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)

I’ve changed the Bitcode enabled setting to No and now the build succeeds. It’s Ok to let that setting like that?

If it works it works - we will have to investigate this before we know what this means. Thanks for reporting.

Hi jiserra@gmail.com,

You’re right, disabling bitcode fixes the issue. We did a similar fix last week, it will be included in our next release.