App crashes with API 28 on Android 8.0

Now that I have a Android 8 device I finally di some testing. Thank you for answering.

@aeq
UNO version is 1.12.1.352
Now that you told me I did uno doctor
Fortunately the app seems to not suffer the MapView issue. I changed MapView.uno found in C:\Users\_user_\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\fuse-sdk\node_modules\@fuse-open\fuselibs\Source\build\Fuse.Maps\1.12.0\Android (which is the ‘new’ FuseLibs folder after NPM installation) as said but the app worked with both com.google.android.gms:play-services-maps:... version.

@Matti_Tihverainen
Yes, my app does use portrait and that was the bug that prevented the app from starting. I still would like to set the app to portrait mode, so I set windowIsTranslucent=false as explained but it did not worked. Let me say that I did not copied or moved any file as said in point #3 of your post because since the use of NPM as the preferred method to install Fuse the folders are not those indicated, nor I want to risk to break Fuse libs installation with manual operations.
Is there an updated workaround to set portrait mode?

I notice that AndroidManifest.xml in C:\Users\enric\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\fuse-sdk\node_modules\@fuse-open\uno\lib\build\UnoCore\1.12.1\Targets\Android\app\src\main contains already:

#if @(Project.Mobile.Orientations:Equals('Portrait'))
              android:screenOrientation="portrait"
#elif @(Project.Mobile.Orientations:Equals('LandscapeLeft'))
              android:screenOrientation="landscape"
#elif @(Project.Mobile.Orientations:Equals('LandscapeRight'))
              android:screenOrientation="reverseLandscape"
#elif @(Project.Mobile.Orientations:Equals('Landscape'))
              android:screenOrientation="sensorLandscape"
#else
              android:screenOrientation="user"
#endif

So android:screenOrientation is not the way to solve the issue.

1 Like